Running the Boston Dream- a song for Argenta, Nora and Jen to sing while qualifying

Running the Boston Dream- a song for Argenta, Nora and Jen to sing while qualifying

This song was re written with love and respect for all the hard work Boston qualifiers have to put in. Some of us plan to age into Boston but support our men and women who are working so hard to reach their goal. When you qualify, I plan on volunteering so that I can be there for your big finish!
Love, Sue

Running the Boston Dream – A tune to sing while qualifying for Argenta, Jen and Nora

It was 6a race day, the sun breaks dawn
Had their racing bib on, at the start line
Feet can fly, Arg and Jen were winging
Chicago marathon, set a qualifying time

Yeah Running a Boston Dream
A goal some aspire to see
Training hard for 18 weeks
Qualify the pride it brings
Running for Boston’s Dream

Trainings look go so far, their pace was unstoppable
Twenty Six point Two and then the prize
Lori, Neil and Deb 2010 Boston Marathon
Argenta, Nora, Jen, for you it’s next time

 Yeah Running a Boston Dream
A goal some aspire to see
Training hard for 18 weeks
Qualify the pride it brings
Running for Boston’s Dream

As miles roll on, don’t let thoughts get dark
You’ll get a medal and feel sublime
Your Pace or Mine is waiting at the end
We think you’re incredible, no matter your time

Yeah Running a Boston Dream
A goal some aspire to see
Training hard for 18 weeks
Qualify the pride it brings
Running for Boston’s Dream

Running Down A Dream (Tom Petty)
.sp 1
It was a beautiful day, sun beat down.
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
Trees went by, Me and Del were singing
little Runaway, I was flyin'
.sp 1
Chorus: Running down a dream.
Never would come to me.
Working on a mystery.
Going wherever it leads.
Runnin' down a dream.
.sp 1
I felt so good, like anything as possible.
Hit the cruise control, rubbed my eyes.
The last three days the rain was unstoppable.
I was always cold, no sunshine.
.sp 1
Chorus:
Bridge: Oooooh Ooooooh
.sp 1
As I rolled on, the sky grew dark.
I put the pedal down, to make some time.
There's somethin' good, waiting down this road.
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
.sp 1
Chorus: 2 times
Bridge: Oooooooh Ooooooh