The Runners Went Down To Florida - A tribute to the Goofy Runners

The Runners Went Down To Florida - A tribute to the Goofy Runners

The Runners went down to Florida

The runners went down to Florida, they were looking for medal’s of steel.
They were in a bind, training way behind: they were willin to do the deal.
They came across a tall runner on the trail all sweaty and hot.
So Argenta jumped next to him and said, “You look like you run a lot”
“I bet you didn’t know it but I love running too”
“And if you care I have a friend who’d love to run with you”
“Now I keep a fast pace hon, but if you trust in a plane that’s true: I bet a medal of gold would thrill your soul, don’t believe me just ask Sue”
The runner said “My names Joe T and I might just join in, But I’ll take your bet, boy I’m gonna regret, Disney cost a small fortune”

Joe T laces up his shoes and hits the training hard.
Cos Jen joined in, then Lisa and Mike says it’s not hard.
And if you dress in costume, then you’ll look young and bold.
But if you don’t then you look slow and old.

Argenta started up her watch and she said “Let’s start this show”
And Sue put on her running gloves, her nose she’d need to blow.
Jen fastened up her water belt, the Velcro made a hiss
Then Sarah joined in , wait stop, I really need to …. Rest
When mile one was finished, Joe T said “Well I feel good for number one, but if John visualizes running in his chair back there, he could show us how it’s done”

Fiery Feet move, run boy run
Deb joined and we run with the sun
Blisters on the feet, chafen don’t show
Foot Rub? Who will do it?
No Joe No

One by One the runners finished, 20 miles is quite a feat.
And they made reservations, for a 39 mile running treat.
Joe T said “Didn’t I say I’d never run a marathon again,
I said it once, then got the itch, I’m doomed to run once again.

And he ran fiery feet move, run Joe run
Deb joined and we run with the sun
Blisters on the feet, chafen don’t show
Foot Rub? Who will do it?
No Joe No

Original Song
The Devil Went Down to Georgia
by Charlie Daniels
The devil went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal.
He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind: he was willin' to make a deal.
When he came across this young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot.
And the devil jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:
"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
"Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the devil his due:
"I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."
The boy said: "My name's Johnny and it might be a sin,
"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

Johnny you rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard.
'Cos hells broke loose in Georgia and the devil deals it hard.
And if you win you get this shiny fiddle made of gold.
But if you lose, the devil gets your soul.

The devil opened up his case and he said: "I'll start this show."
And fire flew from his fingertips as he resined up his bow.
And he pulled the bow across his strings and it made an evil hiss.
Then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this.
When the devil finished, Johnny said: "Well you're pretty good ol' son.
"But if you'll sit down in that chair, right there, and let me show you how its done."

Fire on the moun, run boys, run.
The devil's in the house of the risin' sun.
Chicken in the bread pin, pickin' out dough.
"Granny, does your dog bite?"
"No, child, no."

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.
He laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny's feet.
Johnny said: "Devil just come on back if you ever want to try again.
"I told you once, you son of a bitch, I'm the best that's ever been."

And he played fire on the mount, run boys, run.