When it's cold outside

Hey all you winter running pros,

Let's see if we can add a little advise for our not so fair winter weather running.

I add this as a warning. Last year we agreed that should the temperature hit below 0 we would not run. I think that is still a wise decision. Stoney Creek has been our Winter running destination so keep an eye on posts before a planned run. Check the weather and just be smart. Life long runners know when to take it inside.
Can't make it to a run you planned on attending? please try to post at least 1/2 hour prior to the run so people won't be waiting for you. Yes, we do wait usually at least 10 minutes for those that may be traffic delayed, so it's nice to know who we should wait for.
Since most everyone has a spring marathon planned, look for posts and adjust your milage as needed. This is winter running and you will need to be flexible. Not every run will work as you plan but together we will be prepared for new challenges, new goals and maybe a pr or bq!

Now everyone else, Please add on some tips to help our friends enjoy their first season of Michigan winter running!

Re: When it's cold outside

Sharon K
I keep forgetting to post this tip we learned at the Witchy Wolf run. Put duct tape over the toes of your shoes. Keeps out the cold and keeps your feet dry.  I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like a great idea.