"Connecticut Rhodeisland" - This was not a Barry Manilow weekend in New England

"Connecticut Rhodeisland" - This was not a Barry Manilow weekend in New England

Mike Fitzgerald
Administrator
"Connecticut Rhodeisland"
by Mike Fitzgerald
(Parody of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen)

Is this the real life?
Or is this insanity?
Caught up in the hype
Now it’s two marathon’s for me
Was it unwise
To take to the skies and be
Here in New England, tight itinerary?
Because the hills will come, hills will go
Some are high, some are low
I’ll hate the way the wind blows the Atlantic beach sand on me, on me

Veronica, have we gone mad?
Monday morning we do dread
‘Cause we’ll feel like we are dead
Argenta, Hartford’s just begun
Newport’s finish line seems so far away
Leah, Su-u-u-ue
Don’t it make you wanna cry?
We will be back at it this time tomorrow
Running on, running on, as if this race didn’t happen

Too late, it’s time to run
Now we’ve come to the third mile
Body's aching all the while
There’s a porta-potty - I've got to go
You gotta leave me here behind to face that booth
Jo-ohn, ooo - (I hate the way the wind blows)
I don’t want to lie
With all these miles I can’t think clear at all:

I’ll eat an entire Salute loaf of bread
Seamen’s Church! Seamen’s Church!
What will the old people do?
Maniacs and Fifty-staters give a lift to me
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna, Ritrovo
Bibs in a row

I'm just a poor boy, I’ll drive the van
John's just a poor boy, he’ll also drive the van
Leah says we will cause no one else can.
Yankees on the ropes, AL Champion hopes
Valverde! No – this four-run lead he’ll blow – he will blow
Valverde! this four-run lead he’ll blow – he will blow
Valverde! this four-run lead he’ll blow – he will blow
Four-run lead he’ll blow – he will blow
Four-run lead he’ll blow – he will blow
Four-run lead he’ll blow – ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no -
Oh Cheetah-licious, Cheetah-licious, Cheetah-licious running girl
Those angry birds have cast some evil spell on me
On me
On me

At the end I must stop and wipe grit from my eye
I just wish I could shower before our plane will fly
Oh maybe – this idea’s not so crazy
We ran two marathons! We ran two marathons! How sweet!

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
We’ve got our two medals
Next time, let’s get three
Yes I drank the water
Yes they gave some water to me

Hare hare krishna...

Original Version

"Bohemian Rhapsody" By Queen

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody - I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooo - (any way the wind blows)
I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouch, scaramouch
Will you do the fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning - very very frightening me
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo Figaro
Magnifico

I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go - will you let me go
Bismillah! No - we will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go - let me go
Will not let you go - let me go (never)
Never let you go - let me go
Never let me go - ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no -
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me
for me
for me

So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby - can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out - just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters