"I Love Marathons" - Tribute to Chicago runners

"I Love Marathons" - Tribute to Chicago runners

Jen Q10
Administrator
I never thought I would take a stab at this, but it came to me during a recent run....

"I Love Marathons" by Jen Keuten
(Parody of Joan Jett's "I love rock n' roll)

I saw him runnin’ there in a technical tee
I knew he must a been about an 8:03
The pace was goin’ strong
Running my favorite long

An I could tell it wouldn’t be long,
Till he was with me, yeah me
An I could tell it wouldn’t be long,
Till he was with me, pacin’ me, running

I love marathons
So put another mile in the run bank baby
I love marathons
So come and take some time and run with me

He surged so I picked it up and played his game
That don’t matter, he said,
Cause we’re about the same

Sped up on my own, so I can get back home

An next we were runnin on
Him behind me, yeah me,
An next we were runnin on
Him behind me, yeah me, runnin’

I love marathons
So put another mile in the run bank, baby
I love marathons
So come and take your time and run with me

Sped up on my own, so I can get back home

An we’ll be runnin on
Him behind me, yeah me,
And we’ll be runnin along and running that same old long
Yeah with me, runnin’

I love marathons
So put another mile in the run bank baby
I love marathons
So come an’ take your time an’ run with me…….

Original Lyrics by Joan Jett
"I Love Rock n' Roll"

I love rock n’ roll
I love rock n’ roll
I saw him dancin’ there by the record machine
I knew he must a been about seventeen
The beat was goin’strong
Playin’ my favorite song
An’ I could tell it wouldn’t be long
Till he was with me, yeah me,
Singin’

I love rock n’ roll
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby
I love rock n’ roll
So come an’ take your time an’ dance with me

He smiled so I got up and asked for his name
That don’t matter, he said,
“Cause it’s all the same

Said can I take you home where we can be alone

An’ next we were movin’ on
He was with me, yeah me

Next we were movin’ on
He was with me, yeah me, singin’

I love rock n’ roll
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby
I love rock n’ roll
So come an’ take your time an’ dance with me

Said can I take you home where we can be alone

An we’ll be movin’ on
An’ singin’ that same old song
Yeah with me, singin’

I love rock n’ roll
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby
I love rock n’ roll
So come an’ take your time an’ dance with me

Jen K