"I am the Champion" - Joe's Theme

Tnova
Administrator
I guess it isn't fair that I should be writing tributes for everyone else and have myself be immune from ridicule.  So here is my humble submission for my theme song.  And of course since only one tribute per person is allowed no subsequent themes songs can be written about me.  Just in case anyone had that thought in their head.

I am the Champion
by Joe Terranova
(Parody of "We are the Champions" by Queen)

I’ve run my miles
Day after day
I’ve done my schedule
But gotten no pay
And helped out friends
I’m an idol of Sue
I’ve had my share of Sandwich Man in my face
But I’ve come through

I am the champion, my friends
And I’ll keep on running, ‘til the end
I am the champion
I am the champion
No time for slowpokes
‘Cause I am the champion – of the trail

I’ve taken my GU
Groupies at my call
You gave me snacks, watermelon and rides to many races
I thank you all

But it’s tough as a role model
Not easy to do
I consider it a challenge for you to keep up with me
‘Cause I ain’t gonna lose

I am the champion, my friends
And I’ll let you run with me, if you’re nice
I am the champion
I am the champion
Be glad you know me
‘Cause I am the champion - of the trail!

Original Version

We are the Champions
by Queen

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting, ‘til the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting, till the end