"Lise" - Lisa's Theme

Tnova
Administrator
Lise
by Joe Terranova
(Parody of "Grease" by Frankie Valli)

I come to Paint Creek and it's barely light
We gotta run again, we gotta run it right
There ain't no distance she can go too far
We start believing now that she can be a real star

Lise is the word
She knows her bunion is a nagging pain
Her docs don't understand, stay off your feet they're sayin'
Her tights are splitting but she keeps it up
She feels the draft, swears twice, and flashes all her butt

Lise is the word (and she runs like a bird)
She's got groove, but she shuffles
Lise runs her time, sets her pace, shows emotion
Lise and her feet you can't muffle

She feels the pressure she signs up again
Muddy Buddy, Goofy, as long as she’s with Jen
She is game to travel by plane or by car
She’ll sign up again during a long night at the bar

Lise is the word (and she runs like a bird)
She's got groove, but she shuffles
Lise runs her time, sets her pace, shows emotion
Lise and her feet you can't muffle

Nascar, beer, Pepsi and running
They’re what make her day
Ignores her bunion
What is she doing?

She feels the pressure she signs up again
Chicago once again for her tenth marathon
There is a chance this isn’t her last by far
She’ll sign up again during a long night at the bar

Lise is the word (and she runs like a bird)
She's got groove, but she shuffles
Lise runs her time, sets her pace, shows emotion
Lise and her feet you can't muffle

Lise is the word (and she runs like a bird)
It’s her style, don’t demean her
Don’t waste your time, save your breath, you can’t change her
There is no way we can wean her

====================================

Original Version

Grease
by Frankie Valli

I solve my problems and I see the light
We gotta plug and think, we gotta feed it right
There ain't no danger we can go too far
We start believing now that we can be what we are

Grease is the word
They think our love is just a growing pain
Why don't they understand, It's just a crying shame
Their lips are lying only real is real
We start to find right now we got to be what we feel

Grease is the word (is the word that they heard)
It's got groove, it's got meaning
Grease is the time, is the place, is the motion
Grease is the way we are feeling

We take the pressure and we throw away
Conventionality belongs to yesterday
There is a chance that we can make it so far
We start believing now that we can be who we are

Grease is the word (is the word that they heard)
It's got groove, it's got meaning
Grease is the time, is the place, is the motion
Grease is the way we are feeling

This is a life of illusion
Wrapped up in trouble
Laced with confusion