" 'Nova" - Another Theme for Joe

Mike Fitzgerald
Administrator
This post was updated on .
" 'Nova" - Another Theme for Joe
by Mike Fitzgerald
(Parody of "Lola" by The Kinks)

I met him on the trail, I told him I was new
He’d been talking about some gal named Sue
Siragusa, g-u-s-a gusa

He looked at me and said this club’s got too many boys
I asked him his name and in his Eeyore voice
he said   ‘Nova ,  N-o-v-a ‘Nova , Jo-oe Terranova

Well he’s not the world’s most diminutive guy
And most runnin’ girls top out at 5 foot 5
Too short for ‘Nova – Jo-oe Terranova

He tries real hard, so he can’t understand
Why he recruits a woman but he gets a man
Poor ‘Nova – Jo-oe Terranova, Jo-oe Terranova

He hands out cards running down the trail
But his attempts always seem to fail
He’s only trying to give the women a fair shake
But all that he gets is heartache

Well I’m not the world’s most observant guy
But someone tried to trip John as he was running by
‘Nova – Jo-oe Terranova, Jo-oe Terranova
‘Nova – Jo-oe Terranova, Jo-oe Terranova

He knows more ‘bout skirts
Than your average guy
Don’t ask me why
He pretends to be
Annoyed when the girls talk constantly

Ravi, KT, Neil, Shaun, and Jim are cool
We’re glad to have them with run us as a rule
But how ‘bout ‘Nova – Jo-oe Terranova?

Runnin with guys don’t give him much of a thrill
So he’ll start a new running club just for girls
except for ‘Nova – Jo-oe Terranova

Or he could just take the club we’ve got here
And one by one the other guys disappear
To Alabama, England, or who knows where
And those who don’t leave, they’d best beware

Well I’m afraid if it don’t go as he planned
He’ll take his frustrations out on sandwich man
Terranova – Jo-oe Terranova, Jo-oe Terranova
 ‘Nova – Jo-oe Terranova, Jo-oe Terranova

Original Version

Lola
by The Kinks

I met her in a club down in old soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola
C-o-l-a cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said lola
L-o-l-a lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well Im not the worlds most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well Im not dumb but I cant understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said dear boy wont you come home with me

Well Im not the worlds most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes well I almost fell for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me

Well thats the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
Its a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I left home just a week before
And Id never ever kissed a woman before
But lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy Im gonna make you a man

Well Im not the worlds most masculine man
But I know what I am and Im glad Im a man
And so is lola