"Over the Bridge" – Neil H's Theme

Mike Fitzgerald
Administrator
This post was updated on .
"Over the Bridge" – Neil H's Theme
by Mike Fitzgerald
(Parody of "Under the Bridge" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers)

We think of Neil as a great training partner.
We think of Neil as a great running friend.
At the city we went to, where the Mackinaw bridge is
Thirsty as we were together we drank.

On the Detroit streets he qualified for Boston.
He runs Milford’s hills without breaking a sweat
He went to spectate in the city that’s windy
He’s usually quite awesome and that is no lie

But I never have seen Neil like I did that day
Took him to do the bridge run, he almost said “no way”

But I never have seen Neil like I did that day
He started to do that run but nearly had to stay

It was hard to believe that he’d run all those miles
You wouldn’t believe that he’s usually so fast
At least he has his pride, he still made it over
At the sight of the finish, he just about cried

But I never have seen Neil like I did that day
At the taverns the night before, he’d put some shots away

But I never have seen Neil like I did that day
As we started from the U.P., he did not feel OK

Over the bridge up north
Is where he ran so slow
Over the bridge up north
He just could not beat Joe
Over the bridge up north
He barely made it on
Over the bridge up north
He couldn’t even beat John

Original Version

"Under the Bridge" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Sometimes I feel like I don't have a partner
Sometimes I feel like my only friend
Is the city I live in the city of angels
Lonely as I am together we cry

I drive on her streets 'cause she's my companion
I walk through her hills 'cause she knows who I am
She sees my good deeds and she kisses me windy
I never worry now that is a lie

I don't ever want to feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love take me all the way

I don't ever want to feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love take me all the way

It's hard to believe that there's nobody out there
It's hard to believe that I'm all alone
At least I have her love the city she loves me
Lonely as I am together we cry

I don't ever want to feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love take me all the way

I don't ever want to feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love take me all the way

Under the bridge downtown
Is where I drew some blood
Under the bridge downtown
I could not get enough