"The Clockwise Song" – The Ballad of Stoney Creek

"The Clockwise Song" – The Ballad of Stoney Creek

Mike Fitzgerald
Administrator
This post was updated on .
"The Clockwise Song" – The Ballad of Stoney Creek
by Mike Fitzgerald
(Parody of "The Christmas Song")

Paint Creek’s frozen for a little while,
So Stoney’s now where our group goes
At Elaine’s Bagels before we’ve run a mile
Why aren’t we dressed like Eskimos?

Everybody goes one loop and then some will go two
Three for those who aren’t so bright
In the parking lot, got some ice in my shoe
I hope that it dries out tonight.

We know that Disney’s on its way -
We’re loading shots of rum and whiskey on that plane
For thirty-nine long miles, we’re gonna try
Not to complain, jeer, gripe, moan, whine, or cry.

And so I'm counting down these last few days
Until this winter training’s through
I’m cold and I’m wet, but I still want to say
"Goofy Christmas to you".

Original Version

The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to you)

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping at your nose,
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like eskimos.

Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe
Help to make the season bright.
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow
Will find it hard to sleep tonight.

They know that Santa's on his way -
He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh
And ev'rymother's child is gonna spy
To see if reindeer really know how to fly.

and so I'm offering this simple phrase
To kids from one to ninety-two
Although its been said many times,
Many ways: "Merry Christmas to you".